The temporary Marble Arch Hill will include a viewing platform which allows visitors a unique opportunity to look out over the area from a new perspective as the council and its partners start to transform the District.
Planning permission has been granted. Marble Arch Hill will be open to the public in summer 2021 for a period of six months.
Works are now ongoing on-site, please see below our live webcam.
Live view of Marble Arch
The attraction will allow people to enjoy and understand Marble Arch in a way that has not previously been possible and also to appreciate the park in its correct setting.
It will be built to the highest sustainability standards and any materials used will be recycled where possible to provide a lasting legacy.
Marble Arch Hill has been designed by world renowned architects MVRDV and, as well as attracting visitors, will deliver the following additional benefits:
- the attraction will create jobs through the construction and operating phases. We’ll seek to maximise opportunities for local people through our successful employment programmes.
- it brings green landscaping and trees to an area suffering from traffic pollution.
- we will bring electrical power to the site for the first time so we can run it sustainably (part of the long-term plans)
- the inside of the mountain (and height) makes it safe and healthy for people to enjoy the area as they are protected from air pollution, traffic and noise
- there will be ongoing social benefits. Once dismantled, the trees and landscape will be relocated to other parts of the District and local community.